Nissan Unveils the JUKE Nismo Concept
Nissan has decided to tease the auto industry by unveiling the new JUKE Nismo Concept earlier than any of us expected. They didn't tell all. That would leave many Tokyo Motor Show attendees more than a little disappointed. They did, however, share enough to satisfy Canton - area drivers' curiosity until Dick Scott Nissan can officially offer news on what the innovative crossover is packing under the hood.
By teaming up with their performance arm, Nismo, Nissan has essentially transformed the stand-out JUKE from ultra-modern, fun-driving CUV into high-performance, stealth CUV that just begs to do a couple of laps at the nearest track. While we aren't yet at liberty to tell you the approach Nissan took with the JUKE CUV's powerplant, we can tell you they've made some pretty major changes to both the interior and the exterior.
Like any race car, the body of the JUKE Nismo Concept has been streamlined for extreme aerodynamics. The inside, well, that borrows a few details from track-bound cars, too. Practical engineering aside? The revamped CUV just looks fast.
Nissan JUKE Nismo Concept Exterior Gains
- Stiffer chassis - for improved handling
- Lower, sleeker front and rear bumpers
- New grille pattern and refined rear spoiler and door shape - for optimized air flow
- Lower suspension
- Wider, road-hugging stance
- Gripping 19" alloy wheels (two inches larger than current 2012 JUKE)
- Signature Nismo exterior colors - Pearl White and Red
Nissan JUKE Nismo Concept Interior Gains
- Redesigned driving components (i.e., steering wheel, shifter, pedals) - for enhanced driving experience
- Supple leather bucket seats - to keep driver and passenger comfortably in place, even around tight corners
- Motorcycle-fuel-tank inspired center console
- Red and metallic accents
In a recent press release, Nissan says, "Aimed at a car-loving audience looking for a car that reflects an edgy personality, JUKE Nismo Concept magnifies the standard car's unique mix of compact car agility, coupe-like response and SUV strength."1 That said, they still have not yet confirmed whether or not the JUKE Nismo Concept will make it to the production line. Dick Scott Nissan will keep you in the loop, just as we do with all other late-breaking Nissan news. And we have to say, the latest JUKE concept will likely be followed by more Nismo-tuned Nissan models soon.
Source: 1 http://www.nissannews.com/newsrelease.do;jsessionid=A1CD658819FD711AFB25B7F9B5B03739?&id=3067&allImage=1&teaser=nissan-reveals-juke-nismo-concept-tokyo&mid=