Table of Contents
- What is the VA Loan Limit?
- How to Apply for a VA Home Loan?
- What is the Median Home Price?
- What are the VA Appraisal Fees?
- Do I need Flood Insurance?
- How do I learn about Property Taxes?
- What is the Population?
- What are the major cities?
- About Wheeler County
- Veteran Information
- Apply for a VA Home Loan
- VA Approved Condos
What is the VA Loan Limit?
2020 VA Home Loan Limit in Wheeler County is $0 down payment up to $5,000,000* (subject to lender limits) /2 open VA loans at one time $548,250 (Call 877-432-5626 for details).
How to Apply for a VA Home Loan?
This is a quick look at how to apply for a VA home loan in Wheeler County. For a more detailed overview of the VA home loan process, check out our complete guide on how to apply for a VA home loan. Here, weâll go over the general steps to getting a VA home loan and point out some things to pay attention to in Wheeler County. If you have any questions, you can call us at VA HLC and weâll help you get started.
- Get your Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
- Give us a call at (877) 432-5626 and weâll get your COE for you.
- Are you applying for a refinance loan? Check out our complete guide to VA Refinancing.
- Get pre-approved, to get pre-approved for a loan, youâll need:
- Previous two years of W2s
- Most recent 30 days paystubs or LES (active duty)
- Most recent 60 days bank statements
- Landlord and HR/Payroll Department contact info
- Find a home
- We can help you check whether the home is in one of the Wheeler County flood zones
- Get the necessary inspections
- Termite inspection: required
- Well or septic inspections needed, if applicable
- Get the home appraised
- We can help you find a VA-Certified appraiser in Wheeler County and schedule the process
- Construction loan note: Construction permit/appraisal info
- Building permit
- Elevation certificate
- Lock-in your interest rates
- Pro tip: Wait until the appraisal to lock-in your loan rates. If it turns out you need to make repairs, it can push your closing back. Then you can get stuck paying rate extension fees.
- Close the deal and get packing!
- Youâre ready to go.
What is the Median Home Price?
As of March 31st, 2020, the median home value for Wheeler County is $172,177. In addition, the median household income for residents of the county is $33,456.
How much are the VA Appraisal Fees?
- Single-Family: $775.
- Individual Condo: $825.
- Manufactured Homes: $825.
- 2-4 Unit Multi-Family: $950.
- Appraisal Turnaround Times: 15 days.
Do I need Flood Insurance?
The VA requires properties are required to have flood insurance if they are in a Special Flood Hazard Area.
How do I learn about Property Taxes?
- Auralea Woods is the Wheeler county tax assessor. Her office can be reached at 701 Adams Street Ste. 203 Fossil, Oregon 97830. In addition, her office can also be reached by calling (541) 763-4266.
- The state of Oregon offers businesses that invest and hire in enterprise zones the option to be exempt from property taxes for at least three years. In addition, the Oregon Investment Advantage program encourages new businesses that are starting as well as ones who are relocating to the state with various incentives. For example, the program offers income tax subtraction and elimination of state income liability for new businesses for many years.
What is the Population?
- The countyâs population of 1,332 is 86% White, 6% Hispanic, and 6% Mixed Race.
- Most county residents are between 18 and 65 years old, with 14% under 18 years old and 36% older than 65.
- In total, the county has about 661 households, at an average of two people per household.
What are the major cities?
There are currently three cities in the county Mitchell, Spray, and Fossil, the latter of which serves as the county seat.
About Wheeler County
Wheeler County, Oregon officially formed in 1899, the county was named after Henry H. Wheeler, a man who operated the first mail stage line from The Dalles to Canyon City. The countyâs boundaries have not changed since it was created. In addition, when the county was created the county seat was set to be temporarily placed in the city of Fossil, which was named after a fossil that was discovered in the area in 1876. A year later an election was held to choose the county seats permanent place, and Fossil won.
Today, the countyâs economy depends on its livestock and tourism industries. However, the biggest employment industries in the county are farming, educational services, and public administration. Therefore, the most common occupations in the county are management, farming, and educational instruction.
The Wheeler County Community & Economic Development team is encouraging the growth of its local economy by assisting potential new businesses by getting access to the necessary resources. In addition, free and confidential business advising is also offered to help build a stronger business within the county.
When it comes to education, the county is serviced by two school districts with Fossil School District and Spray School District #1. Both districts provide education for students K-12.
Finally, the county is also home to The Oregon Paleolands Institute headquarters, which provides educational tours, hikes, and workshops to teach more about the regionâs geology and paleontology. In addition, the county is also host to annual events like the Wheeler County Fair and Rodeo, and the Wheeler County Bluegrass Festival.
The county is currently home to 154 veterans, and they all have access to:
- County Veteran Assistance Information
- Wheeler County Veteran Services Office â 401 Fourth Street, Fossil, OR 97830.
Apply for a VA Home Loan
- For more information about VA Home Loans and how to apply, click here.
- If you meet the VA’s eligibility requirements, you will be able to enjoy some of the best government guaranteed home loans available.
- VA loans can finance the construction of a property. However, the property must be owned and prepared for construction as the VA cannot ensure vacant land loans.
VA Approved Condos
There are currently no VA-approved condos in Wheeler County, Oregon. However, it is still possible to get a condo through the condo approved and we can help you through the condo approval process, just call us at (877) 432-5626.
Oregon VA Loan Information: https://www.vahomeloancenters.org/oregon-va-home-loan-limits/
VA Loan Information by State: https://www.vahomeloancenters.org/va-loan-limit-maximum-va-loan-amount/
The post Wheeler County, Oregon VA Loan Information appeared first on VA Home Loan Centers.