Lohri 2021: 5 unique ways to enhance your regular home decor elegantly Asianet Newsable
Thereâs no question that staging your dÃ©cor is advantageous when youâre trying to sell your home.
The strategic editing and placement of your furnishings can be enormously important to boosting its appeal. In a recent NAR survey, in fact,Â 77 percentÂ of buyersâ agents agreed staging is important to helping potential buyers envision a given home as their own. Fortunately, conducting your own staging need not be complex; you should be able to mimic professional techniques by following a few easy guidelines:
- Prioritize by room. The NAR reports youâll get the most visual impact by staging your living room, primary bedrooms, kitchen and extra bedrooms(s), in that order.
- De-clutter.Â Cleaning will be easier after you pack away at least 90 percent of your own dÃ©cor and personal artifacts. Your goal is to create a minimally decorated space buyers can imagine moving in to.
- Deep clean.Â Everything must be groomed, sparkling and odor-free inside and out.
- Divide and conquer.Â Plan to remove about half your furniture to give the impression of optimal space. If itâs all unpresentable, use stylish rental pieces or fake âpop-up furnitureâ for showings. Tip: Wherever possible, move display furniture away from walls (a technique known as âfloatingâ) to create groupings that are tied together visually with area rugs.
- Accessorize inside and out.Â Create an atmosphere of airiness, friendliness and cheer by selectively adding new flowers, potted plants, attractive seating and welcome mats outside, perhaps fresh flowers and bowls of fruit inside.
- Optimize light.Â Add brighter light bulbs, pull back curtains, clean windows and clean (or perhaps update) light fixtures to add to the overall impression of positivity.
The post A great presentation: 6 easy tips for staging your own home first appeared on Century 21Â®.